1. We at MediaHQ.com are committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We strive to provide a safe, and secure user experience. The aim of this statement is to inform you of how we will use any personal data, which you provide through this web site and does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
2. We comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data. Our sites contain links to other websites over which we have no control. We’re not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to the information we collect on this web site and does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
Collection of Information
3. We collect information you supply when (a) you ask us or one of our affiliated companies agents or suppliers (“Affiliates”) to provide services; (b) you submit information on application or other forms to us or our Affiliates; (c) you otherwise submit information to us, our Affiliates or others; we collect information about the domain and host from which you access the internet; your computer’s internet address; the browser and operating system software you use; the date and time you access our website and the internet address of the site from which you linked to our website when you visit us; we collect and retain your bank card/credit card/bank account details for use in future transactions; and we collect information on your online activity as described in the paragraph below titled “Internet Technology”.
4. In some areas of our website, we request that you provide personal data, including your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, contact information, billing information and other information from which your identity is discernible. In other areas of our website, we collect or may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your age, and/or gender. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information.
5. We also gather or may gather certain personal information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by us. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses, but is not linked to your personal information.
6. We may sometimes afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, cultural, behavioural, preferential and/or lifestyle information about yourself but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. If you do provide such information, you are thereby consenting to the use by us of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Privacy Statement. For example, such information may be used for the purpose of determining your potential interest in receiving e-mail or other communications about particular products or services.
7. MediaHQ.com may obtain information about our customers from a variety of sources; Directly from customer applications, questionnaires and other materials submitted to us by customers; from clickstream activity on our websites (including the use of “cookies” and or “web beacons” as discussed below).
Accuracy of Information
Use of Your Information
8. We use the information we gather on the website whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of administering and managing your registration, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the website, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer.
9. If you have so agreed when registering with or subsequently or if permitted by applicable law, we may use your contact information in order to send you email or other communications regarding updates of the website, such as new opportunities and additional listings which may be of interest to you. In addition, at the time of registration you have the option to elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions including, without limitation, free informational newsletters relating to topics that may be of special interest to you.
10. We have an area where you can contact us and submit feedback. We may use such feedback (such as success stories) for promotional purposes or to contact you for further information.
11. We use internet technologies like cookies and web beacons for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, those identified below.
To assist us in providing services to you;
To allow you to change Web pages during your visit without having to re-enter your password;
To determine whether you came to see our site from a banner ad or an Affiliate Web site; or
To deliver information specific to your interests on additional Websites.
Disclosure of Information to Others
12. We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information or information about your use of the website (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth below.
13. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your CV searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable CV database (or copies thereof) will have access to that database. You may make your CV unsearchable at any time.
14. We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf including data processors. The functions performed on our behalf include hosting our web servers, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will retain control of and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
15. We may disclose such information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect the rights or property of or its affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public, (e) for Public Safety, (f) to prevent fraud, (g) in connection with other illegal activity.
16. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event that MediaHQ.com becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, licence or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the website.
17. Web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information; they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our web site usage.
Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides.
Because web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe page, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
Third parties are not permitted to use web beacons on sites.
Updating or Deleting Your Information
Since we believe that managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as detailed above. Of course, you can correct or update your account profile and CV at any time. Moreover, you can delete your CVs from our online database or close your account at any time. If you do this, we will remove all our copies of your CV or account profile information except for an archival copy retained indefinitely for audit and records purposes which is not accessible by you or third parties on the Internet. Details of how to do this are set out above.
Confidentiality and Security
We endeavour to maintain physical, electrical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable government regulations to guard your information. We also endeavour to restrict information access to our employees, agents and representatives that need to know it. Despite our efforts, and as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions sent to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose information to them while posing as MediaHQ.com and MediaHQ.com shall not be liable for such interception or access of disclosure.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Therefore the customer indemnifies MediaHQ.com against any claims that may arise in favour of the customer by reason of the unauthorised use of information supplied by the customer or by reason of unauthorised contact being made by third parties or for any other reason.
Throughout this website you may have an opportunity to send us information relating to you such as through the “Contact us” pages or any other area where you may send emails, request brochures, or respond to any promotions. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by MediaHQ.com for:
• the purposes for which it was provided by you;
• verification purposes and statistical analysis;
• to provide you with details of products, services, contests, competitions or promotions being provided or run by MediaHQ.com or any of its associated companies or any third party that we may select and which we may think would be of interest to you, unless you have otherwise specifically opted not to receive this information.
The customer hereby indemnifies MediaHQ.com from and against all claims howsoever arising as a result of the provision of false or misleading information by the customer.
MediaHQ.com reserves the right to modify this privacy statement. Updated privacy statements will be posted on this website when amendments occur. We urge you to review this privacy statement when you visit our website to obtain the most current statement. You may change your choices at anytime.
MediaHQ.com’s website may be linked to or from third party websites MediaHQ.com is not responsible for the content or privacy practices employed by websites that are linked to or from our website.