Streamlining Media Relations: Best Practices for In-House Teams
The ability to navigate the lightning-fast and ever-evolving media landscape is paramount to success in communications teams.
In this webinar, we'll show you how to master the art of building and maintaining positive relationships with journalists by optimising your communications processes and ditching outdated media lists and inefficient methods that can slow you down.
With over 15 years of experience working with various sectors bodies, MediaHQ has honed the skills and knowledge needed to help organisations like yours effectively manage media relations and communications.
Specifically tailored for In-House Teams in Ireland, this event is packed with actionable strategies and insights that will help you streamline your media contact management and save valuable time and resources.
This webinar will provide you with the tools you need to succeed in today’s fast-paced media landscape and help you discover solutions to common pain points such as :
- How to build media lists quickly,
- Fix bounced emails in seconds,
- Manage GDPR compliance,
- Handle press office queries,
- Track journalist moves, and easily find journalists for new campaigns.
Topics covered in the webinar include:
- Best practices for media list management.
- Strategies for quickly building targeted media lists.
- Managing GDPR compliance when dealing with media contacts.
- Handling press office queries and media enquiries.
- Tracking journalist moves and updates.
- Finding journalists for new campaigns and outreach efforts.
- Advanced Analytics - who is reading your email and when.
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and engage in discussion with the presenters and fellow participants.
What you will learn
- Gain a clear understanding of how to streamline media relations efforts.
- Learn practical tools and tips to improve media relations processes.
- Better manage media contacts and save time and resources.
- Get the opportunity to sign up for a free trial of MediaHQ's media database.
- Implement the solutions discussed in the webinar immediately.
Who should attend this webinar?
The webinar will be highly beneficial for individuals involved in media relations, communications and public relations, as well as those holding positions of Head of Communications or Head of PR.
MediaHQ is the world's leading media contacts and press release distribution platform. It was founded in 2006 by Jack Murray who learned media relations while working in the Irish political and government system. Each day over 300 press offices, in-house teams and agencies use the MediaHQ technology to power their media relations. Among their clients are over 70 Irish In-House Teams.
Some of our 50+ In-House Teams Clients
We chose MediaHQ to bolster our media relations because it's easy to use and because we wanted a broader database of journalists. There are over 6,000 journalists working in Ireland and MediaHQ has contacts for all of them. We use it to build and manage lists, to find journalists and issue press releases. Their topic search makes it easy to build a list and the list library is very useful - you can also modify these. The customer service is great too. You'll always get a friendly voice at the other end of the phone if you have a question.
The number one selling point for us was the up-to-date contacts base. Knowing which journalists are covering what sports and what news stories is really useful. I like the actual tool, that I can hit one button and send a release out to everybody instead of trying to do it through email, it makes life much easier.